Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Afternoon - Rachel

There haven't been a whole lot of blog posts on my end lately, because frankly my life has been pretty uneventful. Case point: the most exciting point of my day today was wrestling with the printer here at work. A boy in the lab came up and asked for my assistance, which basically meant I spent the great part of 10 minutes pulling sheets of paper out of the printer that had been jammed in the most ridiculous of spots. I'm sure I looked ridiculous as well, partially owing to the fact that my hair is somewhere in the mad scientist range and also due to the fact that I didn't really know what I was doing. Also, I couldn't help but feel a little triumphant each time I yanked a piece of paper out, and I'm pretty sure I held each sheet of paper up like some sort of prize. Oh dear.

Well, we can't all go to Melbourne.

However, I did go to Strongsville on Friday, which is barely worth mentioning, but I will anyways. Roberta and I went on a mall trip, which ended up being sensory overload for me. While at college, I work hard to forget the tempting allure of bright clothes in stores with pleasant music piping from the ceilings. Eventually, I start deranging myself into thinking that $30 is a sale, and I do love that pair of black and orange plaid pants! It gets absurd. Luckily, I had the restraint to channel these urges into only buying a 99cent hot dog and a C. S. Lewis book from Borders, both of extreme quality.

3 comments:

  1. you make me laugh

    <3 kenz, of course, not laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should've bought the black and orange plaid. it would be like halloween everyday you wore them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and orange plaid would have gone nicely with any old wedding napkins we have.... well, that's another sad story.

    ReplyDelete