Saturday, February 21, 2009

Activities of late - Rachel

I'm pretty sure it never stops snowing in Berea. Brr!

On a happier note, last night I went to a student dance performance here at B-W with Roberta and Leah. Watching the ballet numbers really took me back to the old Carol Lee days. I can see Charity in a tutu now. She was always my favorite dancer. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the dancers here were much better than Charity ever way. It was all very entertaining, and it was especially fun for me because I knew a handful of the dancers and choreographers.

Then this morning I went to a nursing home in Cleveland to volunteer. It was through our office of community outreach, they have monthly Saturday service trips. It was definitely a home in worse shape than Ridgewood, but I still had a good time playing bingo with the residents. I even had a good chat with a nice old man about Reynolds (he saw the name on the t-shirt I was wearing).

Tonight will be more fun with Kathleen, we're probably getting Chinese food and staying in out of the cold tonight. First though, I have to go get my laundry out of the dryer!

3 comments:

  1. You are certainly have some unique experiences - first, ballet then nursing homes - then Chinese food - all in 24 hours! I can't keep up. :)

    And I hope that snow tapers off so we can come next Saturday1

    Love,
    Aunt Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse the grammar error - my fingers got away from me.

    You are certainly having.... is the correct sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't keep up because your life is so boring...I keep falling asleep reading your blog.

    jk

    I'm just salty because you said I was a bad dancer.

    ReplyDelete