Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heat and other agrievances - Rachel

My dorm building has been having some very mysterious heat problems lately. I live on the second floor (woo, room 203!) and it has been stifling up there! It's not uncommon for Emily, my roommate, or I to open the window, despite the fact that it is winter and very cold outside. Now, travel down to the basement of 21 Beech and the exact opposite is the problem. I have a class in the basement, and yesterday sitting down there was like being in an igloo. It was very bizarre to feel the temperature rapidly drop as I traveled down two flights of stairs.

As I'm sitting at work, I'm not exactly looking forward to the rest of the day (three classes in a row without a lunch break and an astronomy exam in the evening!), but there are some consolations. One is that as soon as I get off work at 10, I'll run over and grab some delicious breakfast. Two is that I finished all of my homework for today, so I'm prepared to go into my classes. Three is that I actually enjoy my classes once I get there. At least this is what I'm trying to tell myself.

Bis später!

1 comment:

  1. Throw a heavy sweater in your backpack for the basement! :) Sounds the same as my classroom - really cold! I wear my scarves all day as an accessory. Is that spelled correctly? I just don't know. Oh well - it's late.

    Is that German phrase anything I should try to remember?

    Love you bunches,
    Aunt Jayne

    ReplyDelete