Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jesse McCartney? - Rachel

When I had been talking to my friend Catie earlier this week she mentioned to me that she might have 2 free tickets to Jesse McCartney concert for Tuesday night and she was looking for someone to go with. I told her at the time that I'd go with her, not because I particularly enjoy his music, but because I thought it would be a lot of fun. As it turns out, Catie was able to borrow a friends car and I was the only one to take her up on the offer to go see the show. This is why last night I found myself in the midst of quite a lot of preteen girls all shrieking as loud as humanely possible. It was especially fun for me because the show was at the House of Blues in Cleveland where I've seen a few shows before, but none ever like this. Every time Jesse would do something as small as taking off his sunglasses, the crowd would erupt in screams. I have to admit, just to get it out of my system, I let out at least one obnoxious shriek.

The most strenuous part of the evening was the driving. Catie and I have always bonded over the fact that we both view driving the same way, we hate it. Merging sometimes felt stressful, and we did miss a few roads, although never with any drastic consequences. I'm afraid sometimes I added to the problem as many of the Cleveland street names are now familiar to me. I did usefully know that Chester ran parallel to Euclid, for which I was very proud of. And despite any of our mishaps, I was back on campus before 10:30.

2 comments:

  1. I think Jeremy has played at the House of Blues before... I wonder if there were shrieking girls there? :) Love, Aunt Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me laugh everytime i think about it.

    charity's last blog post reminded me of last year at the beach when we kinda got lost and ended up walking for hours... haha.

    love, kenz
    (not laurie)

    ReplyDelete